Translate

воскресенье, 23 сентября 2018 г.

SatNOGS antenna rotator. Part 4. The frame.

The frame is the skeleton of the SatNOGS rotator. And today I have started building it. Yesterday I received the cut T-slot 20x20, ball bearings 6008ZZ, hidden construction corners and T-nuts. Also, I have almost all the plastic parts printed (except ones I have planned to do of nylon).



Two kinds of T-slot - 102 and 160 mm long.


These are required for the first cube. I have decided to build cubes separately. This is only to get the result as soon as possible. Below is the half of T-slot and 20 hidden corners.


First of all, I put three hidden corners into the 160 mm piece. Slightly secured them to prevent them to be lost. These corners use hidden (headless) bolts. I have the Allen key (number 2) for this kind of bolts.


Then I added the three shorter pieces, aligned them by the edges of the long part and tightly secured. The middle stick is left secured very slightly - its place will be known as soon as the frame gets its inner world.


Finally, I have the frame ready. Now I can put the rest of the parts on it. You can see them in the background.


Although the entire operation seems to be pretty easy, I spent about an hour until I have got the final picture. Perhaps, the second part of the construction will cost me less time than this one? Who knows.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий