Translate

вторник, 18 сентября 2018 г.

My ToDo List. 3D printer.

Yesterday I decided to shorten the ToDo list by one element. As far as I need some plastic parts to be printer the choice was obvious. Sure, it was my 3D printer having problems with the heating bed. As far as the printer is a homemade one, its quality is not outstanding. However, I successfully have spent about one kg of the ABS plastic.


The printer is an FDM-type one. The overall view is shown in the picture below. This is the copy of the CoreXY 3D printer.


The issue with this printer is a badly designed construction of the heating bed. It is connected to the acrylic plate moved on axis Z using four bolts. These bolts are of too bad quality and became almost destroyed after a couple of bed adjustments. The second reason for such a quick malfunction was the way these bolts are screwed into the acrylic plate - the threaded hole in the plate instead of the nut.


Fortunately, I had some number of nuts for carpentry tasks. I have chosen M4 ones.


The outer diameter of these nuts is 5.7 mm so that I had to widen the existing holes to 6 mm.


In order to have the freedom when doing the work, I disassembled the bed.


6 mm holes are ready. And to prevent the nut from slipping around the axis I had to protrude four small holes around every hole.


Now everything is in place and I can assemble the bed back. The entire process was not interesting so that I haven't made pictures during it.


Assembling took about 20 minutes. Then I performed calibration of the bed and printed the test part - everything was perfect. Therefore I can mark this item as done and move further...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий