Translate

четверг, 19 июля 2018 г.

HF 70 watts power amplifier DIY kit. Part 1.

Some time ago I ĥave bought a DIY kit - the 70 watts HF power amplifier. The reason for buying is simple: I have a low power transceiver (20 watts) and sometimes it is required to make it stronger to reach more distant stations not being able to hear my quiet voice. And although 70 watts is not dramatically bigger than 20, I decided to buy it - the price is reasonable and the overall complexity of joining all together is pretty low. 


They promise the following look of the finished PA

The kit consists of the PCB and some number of SMD and planar elements.
Everything started as usually...


Fortunately, my kit has arrived semi-soldered - all the SMD elements were pre-soldered and I had to solder only planar elements like connectors, relay, and transformers. By the way, I had to manufacture these transformers first using wire, ferromagnetic cores, and copper tubes from the kit.


The schematic of the PA provides all the required information, including the number of turns in every transformer.



It took about three hours to create two transformers and solder everything but transistors on the PCB.

And now everything is ready for checking the quality of soldering, presence, and correctness of soldered elements and further tuning of the PA.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий